Thursday, August 9, 2007

Red, White and Blue?

I wrote an entire blog post, then hit the BACK button on my mouse. I am way to pissed off at this point to write it over.

That was my reaction to losing my blog post, just before my anniversary date with my girlfriend. Apparantly, everything worked out great. I went with the '98 Chardonnay and bought a bottle of red Burgundy from the restaurant. The Bourgogne rouge was refreshingly tannic, but was completely eclipsed by the butterscotchy deliciousness of the 1998 Michaud Vineyard Chardonnay. I couldn't believe how well this wine had aged. The oak develops seamlessly into the wine and creates a rich, heady experience that had us in silent smiles. It was the kind of good that makes you offer it to the waiter/sommelier. The bast part, this wine is available for purchase directly from Michaud, as part of his library selections that also include '00-Current Pinot Noir.

No comments: