Thursday, August 9, 2007

Red, White and Blue? (I found my post!! Blogger Rocks!)

Today is my second anniversary. We are getting ready to go to a great restaurant in San Francisco, and I have been trying to decide which wine to bring all friggin day. I have a 1998 Chard from Chalone, and a few other Pinot Noir options to choose from.

Bottom Line: It shouldn't require this much of my effort to pick one stupid bottle of wine, let alone from a selections that I already was comfortable enough to buy in the first place! Coastal Italian fare; game meats, cheeses, and fresh vegetables.

You know what? To hell with all of it, I'm bringing the Chard becaus thats the one tha I am most excited about opening, and if its corked, they wont charge me the fee. Whew!I'm glad thats out of the way, now what am I going to wear? Just kidding.

I am really excited that it's my second (ever) anniversary and I get to spend it with her in San Francisco. We had so many neat little places in Atlanta, that it's releaving to find a place that we are both equally interested in trying, that looks like it will fit in with the desired fare. It would be fantastic if this could be a semi-frequent dining experience.

Honestly, thats why we have been reluctant to venture out into the city's dining forum. Most of them just don't quite make it to what we want. Please don't misunderstand, I am not that guy that scoffs at Bennigans because its inexpensive family dining, I'm the guy that skips scoffing because he can't make up his mind on the wine list. We like restaurants for so many reasons that when we find a great one, its as if we struck gold, but inversely find ourselves feeling betrayed at the realization of a failed prospect. So Bennigan's definitely has it's place.

I have my finger's crossed.

No comments: