Thursday, August 26, 2010

The struggle: “you feel damned if you do; you’re definitely damned if you don’t.”


College degree, no college degree. I’m already $20,000 in debt, so I may as well just do it. Don’t be afraid that she will reject you because you are at a different point in your life than she is: that could be why she likes you in the first place.

Focus Grasshopper. In the absence of a singular reason to ‘do’, I am constantly floundering between what I want to do, what I need to do, and what I should do. The compass point constantly changes, so the direction constantly sways accordingly. Set a point, braze it in place and follow the path.

Want to stay in San Francisco? Stay in San Francisco. Accepted at Davis: have an established life in San Francisco. Can’t commute, can’t commit.  

Be humble. You don’t know everything, far from it. You don’t know what direction to go in, time to ask for more help. The family helped as best they could understand, now its time to gather more perspective and keep learning, dammit.

No comments: